With the advent of technologies that allow people to begin life outside the womb or end it the "morning after" fertilization, evangelicals have been rethinking their position on contraception. Some are simply more careful about its use, others reject contraception altogether. But while evangelicals have generally supported contraceptives, they largely opposed recent healthcare legislation mandating contraception coverage.
A Hard Pill to Swallow
How the tiny tablet upset my soul.
Make Love and Babies
The contraceptive mentality says children are something to be avoided. We're not buying it
'Be Fruitful and Multiply'
Is this a command, or a blessing?
- Fired Baptist Nurse Sues CVS After Refusing to Prescribe Birth Control, Abortion DrugsThe pharmacy chain, featuring in-store MinuteClinics, dropped its religious accommodation in 2021.
- The Russell Moore ShowEpisode 35|32minYour Questions on Sex, Teens, and Marital ProspectsRussell Moore and producer Ashley Hales respond to listeners.
- Tell Me Your Beliefs on Sex Without Telling Me Your Beliefs on SexOver time, our embodied lives reliably reveal the stories and myths that shape us.
- Trump Exempts Religious Employers from Birth Control CoverageUnlike Obamacare mandate, new regulations protect moral or religious objections.
- Leaked Trump Rule: Any Religious Employer Can Opt Out of Contraception CoverageDraft broadens exemptions to controversial Obamacare mandate. But Little Sisters will still sue.
- Trump Continues Contraceptive Fight; Sanders Defends Pro-Life DemocratsThe political lines on abortion blurred (a bit) this week.
- What Americans Think of What Evangelicals Think of Religious LibertyHow both sides of the debates over same-sex marriage, transgender bathroom access, and employer-provided contraception feel about each other.
- Supreme Court Sends Little Sisters Case Back to Lower Courts(UPDATE) Justices don’t have a final answer for religious organizations that oppose Obamacare’s contraception mandate.
- Is It Time for American Christians to Disobey the Government?When to practice civil disobedience.
- Missionary Doctor: Abstinence Isn’t Always an OptionWhen sex is forced on women, contraception becomes a form of compassion.