Subscribe to this Podcast:
“Just wait until you get married, you’ll drive each other crazy.”
“Just wait until that baby is a toddler throwing tantrums, you’ll long for the sleepless newborn nights!”
“Just wait until your energetic third-grader is a surly teenager, you’ll crave flag football and trampoline parks.”
Sound familiar? Sometimes, when we seek advice or empathy around family life, we’re met with a cynical response that things are only going to get worse. But does that have to be the case? Or can family life be joyful in each season?
As a new year begins, many of you have written in with questions for Russell Moore about home life and relationships. From parenting to marriage to a biblical view of sex, this episode offers wisdom and insight into all things family.
Listen in for thoughtful responses from Russell and producer Ashley Hales to questions including:
- What are some resources a mother could give her daughter whose boyfriend senses that he has a calling to become a pastor?
- How can Christians develop a better understanding of the nature of sex and sexual ethics as they relate to practical decisions like family planning and contraception?
- What can couples do when they start to feel like their love for each other is growing cold?
- How can parents of impressionable, sensitive children care for them well in community environments that promote dangerous ideals like Christian nationalism?
- What is Russell’s favorite thing about raising teenagers and young-adult children?
Do you have a question for Russell Moore? Send it to email@example.com.
Ashley Hales is the producer of The Russell Moore Show, founder of Willowbrae Institute, and an author. Find out more at aahales.com.
Consider a trial membership at Christianity Today.
“The Russell Moore Show” is a production of Christianity Today
Executive Producers: Erik Petrik, Russell Moore, and Mike Cosper
Host: Russell Moore
Producer: Ashley Hales
Associate Producers: Abby Perry and Azurae Phelps
CT Administration: Christine Kolb
Social Media: Kate Lucky
Director of Operations for CT Media: Matt Stevens
Production Assistance: coreMEDIA
Audio Engineer: Kevin Duthu
Coordinator: Beth Grabenkort
Video Producer: John Roland
Theme Song: “Dusty Delta Day” by Lennon Hutton
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingHillsong Says It Is Moving ForwardNew revelations will require increased accountability, but pastor wants to look to the future.
- From the MagazineJohn 3:16: So Loved, So FamiliarWe need fresh eyes for our faith’s basic teachings, no matter how long we’ve studied the Bible.简体中文繁體中文
- RelatedThe Bible’s Marriage Metaphor Doesn’t Belong In the BedroomWe can rightly look to God as husband and God as Father without making male sexuality divine.Português简体中文繁體中文
- Editor's PickThese 3 Japanese Christian Women Changed Their CountryMeet an early evangelist, an education reformer, and a preacher who held Bible studies with the royal family.