Download a PDF of this article here
Copyright © 2011 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
Previous Christianity Today articles about the Bible include:
How to Read the Bible | New strategies for interpreting Scripture turn out to be not so new—and deepen our life in Christ. (October 7, 2011)
The Paul We Think We Know | How his 21st-century evangelical makeover distorts the New Testament reality. (July 22, 2011)
A World Without the King James Version | Where we would be without the most popular English Bible ever. (May 6, 2011)
Two Testaments, One Story | Top evangelical scholars team up for landmark commentary on New Testament use of Old Testament. (February 8, 2008)
CT previously spotlighted the relationship between religious attitudes and economic inequality, the lasting effects of your school, a poll of evangelical leaders, YouVersion, Osama bin Laden's death, Reformed hip-hop, church value, Christian names, how evangelicals give, evangelical vs. mainline politics, today's pilgrims, President Obama's faith, the future(s) of missions, health-care reform, Africa, American Idol, Haiti, Robert Park, persecution, Supreme Court and crosses, international religious liberty advocates, and church violence.
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
More from this Issue
Read These Next
- TrendingTim Keller Practiced the Grace He PreachedIn an increasingly divisive world, the pastor theologian’s legacy was walking the higher road—the one less traveled.españolPortuguêsFrançais简体中文한국어Indonesian繁體中文русский
- From the MagazineOur Worship Is Turning Praise into Secular ProfitWith corporate consolidation in worship music, more entities are invested in the songs sung on Sunday mornings. How will their financial incentives shape the church?español
- RelatedBible Gateway Removes The Passion TranslationPopular among charismatics, the “heart-level” Bible version was criticized as a paraphrase posing as translation.
- Editor's PickA Tale of Two New York City PastorsOne formed me. The other entertained me.