Download a PDF of this article here
Copyright © 2009 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
The Washington Postrecently covered a string of church shootings.
Previous Christianity Today articles on church shootings and church life include:
Securing the Faithful | What New Life Church did right when a gunman showed up in its parking lot. (February 1, 2008)
Arming in the Aftermath | Shooting spree at two churches prompts pastors to rethink security plans. (January 21, 2008)
YWAM Director Describes Shooting, Forgiveness | Peter Warren discusses response of families and future impact on the program. (December 19, 2007)
Church Shooting Creates New Martyrs (October 25, 1999)
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
Our digital archives are a work in progress. Let us know if corrections need to be made.
This article is from the October 2009 issue.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Already a subscriber? Log In
More from this Issue
Read These Next
- TrendingRussell Moore: I Already Miss Tim Keller’s Wise VoiceThe late pastor theologian gave strong counsel to me and so many others in ministry.
- From the MagazineI Find Comfort in the Divine WarriorA surprising psalm changed my view on God’s presence during seasons of trial.
- RelatedUnited Methodists Lose 1,800 Churches in Split Over LGBT StanceThe initial departures, mostly concentrated in the South, represent around 6 percent of the denomination—not as dramatic as the “schism” some feared.
- Editor's PickBecome a Shadow of Your Future SelfManifesting isn’t the answer. Consenting to holiness is.