Download a PDF of this article here
Copyright © 2010 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
Previous Christianity Today articles on television and American Idol include:
An 'Idol' with Soul | Jason Castro only finished third on 'American Idol,' but this fan favorite—and committed Christian—is a solid songwriter whose debut album recently released. (April 27, 2010)
Behind the Idols | An interview with Mandisa and Phil Stacey. (May 1, 2008)
Idol Worship? | Christians continue to shine on American Idol even as Christian alternatives to the popular show crop up. Can they co-exist? Can both bring glory to God? (December 17, 2007)
CT previously spotlighted Haiti, Robert Park, persecution, Supreme Court and crosses, international religious liberty advocates, and church violence.
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
This article is from the May 2010 issue.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Already a subscriber? Log In
More from this Issue
Read These Next
- TrendingRussell Moore: I Already Miss Tim Keller’s Wise VoiceThe late pastor theologian gave strong counsel to me and so many others in ministry.
- From the MagazineEve’s Legacy Is Both Sin and RedemptionThe first woman tried to get free of God. But when she aligned herself with God’s purposes, she became the ‘Mother of All the Living.’
- RelatedA Tale of Two New York City PastorsOne formed me. The other entertained me.
- Editor's PickBecome a Shadow of Your Future SelfManifesting isn’t the answer. Consenting to holiness is.