Middle East Conflict
The Middle East has long been the site of religious and ethnic animosities, often erupting into outright warfare. Christians have tended in the past to view these events through the prism of biblical prophecies regarding the End Times. Today, they watch the Middle East with a wary eye, worried about the safety of resilient Christian minorities seeking to carve out a precarious existence for themselves amid a hostile climate of persecution. Many fear that the wave of revolutions touched off in 2011, and dubbed by some as the “Arab Spring,” will empower Islamist elements that will drive Christian communities from their ancient homelands.
- Bahrain Makes Peace with Israel, Following United Arab EmiratesToday’s deal will normalize diplomatic, commercial, and security ties. Trump administration hopes more Arab nations soon follow.
- Quick To ListenEpisode 182|52minTrump’s Withdrawal from Syria Threatens the Growing Kurdish ChurchChristianity is spreading in the majority Sunni community. But what will the violence mean?
- Christians Killed on Syria’s Front LinesWhile Trump defends US withdrawal, advocates fear “Turkey will complete the work that ISIS tried to do, in eradicating Christians from this region.”
- Syrian Christians to US: ‘Don’t Abandon Us Now’After surviving a civil war and ISIS attacks, the Christian minority fears a Turkish takeover in Kurdish border region.
- How Palestine Divides Messianic JewsThe complexity of the situation even presents a challenge to Jewish Christian unity.
- To Defend Mideast Christians, Can Advocates Critique Islam?Diaspora leaders in America disagree on how to improve religious freedom back home.
- Where Obama's Final Push for a Two-State Solution Leaves TrumpThree Christians explain the intensifying world debate over Israel's West Bank settlements.
- The Last Gasp of the Cradle Christians?The American church has a key role in rescuing, restoring, and returning Christians and other religious minorities who have fled ISIS.
- Modern 'Monuments Men' Seek to Save Christian History from ISISBiblical-era artifacts are one of Islamic State's top sources of funding.
- New Evidence of War Crimes, Genocide against Iraqi Christians, YazidisMore than 100 witnesses come forward detailing 'unspeakable brutality.'