Middle East Conflict
The Middle East has long been the site of religious and ethnic animosities, often erupting into outright warfare. Christians have tended in the past to view these events through the prism of biblical prophecies regarding the End Times. Today, they watch the Middle East with a wary eye, worried about the safety of resilient Christian minorities seeking to carve out a precarious existence for themselves amid a hostile climate of persecution. Many fear that the wave of revolutions touched off in 2011, and dubbed by some as the “Arab Spring,” will empower Islamist elements that will drive Christian communities from their ancient homelands.
- Biblical Archaeology's Dusty Little SecretThe James bone box controversy reveals the politics beneath the science
- Christian Bookstore Manager Martyred in Gaza CityRami Ayyad received death threats after store bombing in April.
- God Doesn't Keep Jews in a Pickle JarPart three of a conversation between John Piper and Jews for Jesus head David Brickner.
- Islam: Inherently Violent or Peaceful?Scholar Warren Larson has a surprising answer to this difficult question.
- To Defend Mideast Christians, Can Advocates Critique Islam?Diaspora leaders in America disagree on how to improve religious freedom back home.
- The Colors of LebanonWhat would real peace mean?
- Lebanon Bus Bombs Target ChristiansPlus: Rumor prompts Egyptian Muslims to attack Copts; Anglicans and Presbyterians prepare for splits; TV station criticized after pastor's suicide; and other stories from online sources around the world.
- Do Jews Have a Divine Right to Israel's Land?Part one of a conversation between John Piper and Jews for Jesus head David Brickner.
- Love in the Land of EnmityThe local joke is that Gaza is hell. But that doesn't seem to deter ministry there.