Since marriage is a representation of Christ’s union with the church, divorce can be a difficult subject for Christians. It isn’t a new concern—the Pharisees questioned Jesus about divorce—but if half of all current marriages end in divorce (as is commonly suggested), it’s a urgent crisis with many facets. Do Christian couples get divorced just as often as non-Christians, and what does that say about Christian marriage? What impact does divorce have on a family? What methods—political, sociological, or ecclesial—can we use to keep families intact?
- How to Stay Hitched When Your Wife Ditches YouHarrison Scott Key’s latest book gives a tragi-comic take on the Christian humility required to stay married.
- Died: Superstar Billy Graham, Teenage Evangelist Who Became a Wrestling LegendIn the ring and life, Wayne Coleman was a “heel” who wanted to be a “babyface.”
- The Russell Moore ShowEpisode 53|49minRainn Wilson Tells Me Where I’m Wrong on SpiritualityThe actor and writer hopes today’s young people will give faith a chance.
- Grace Community Church Rejected Elder’s Calls to ‘Do Justice’ in Abuse CaseWhile a former leader hopes for change, women who sought refuge in biblical counseling at John MacArthur’s church say they feared discipline for seeking safety from their abusive marriages.españolPortuguêsFrançais简体中文繁體中文
- There’s No Such Thing as a Good DivorceWhile divorce may sometimes be warranted and even necessary, it is never a cause for celebration.简体中文繁體中文
- Police Work Nearly Broke MeI was a narcotics officer on the brink of suicide when God began his mighty healing work.
- Divorcing an Abusive Spouse Is Not a SinNot only is it morally justified, it also aligns with Christ’s heart for the vulnerable.español简体中文繁體中文
- Don’t Diss the Early-MarriedsRecent research suggests that young couples are doing fine, despite the stereotypes.
- Research: Religious Americans Less Likely to DivorceRecent data suggests that faithful young adults can marry in their 20s without increasing the risk of separation.
- CultivatedEpisode 8|39minPodcast: Suffering, Healing, and SingingDisillusionment and pain left her reeling after divorce. But Latifah Alattas found her voice again and kept making music.