- Lament Is More Than a Country SongWhy the world needs the church to sing about sorrow.
- John Ortberg and the Pitfalls of Pastoral DiscernmentWhen we consent to our calling as ministers of the gospel, we assent to be public imitators of all it proclaims.
- Why Do Some Pastors Sabotage Their Own Ministries?And how can they avoid the allure of the self-destruct button?
- When Pastors Are Sexual Abuse SurvivorsChildhood trauma can sabotage ministry in sinister ways.
- Sexual Addiction Destroyed My PastorateExposing the truth was just the first step to redemption.
- How Churches Can Partner with Outside CounselorsIt’s about supplementing, not replacing, pastoral care.
- Ministry after the Massacre150 days after the Orlando nightclub shooting, three pastors share how they’ve responded and what they’ve learned.
- A Pastoral LamentIn the wake of last week’s killings, do we rationalize or weep?
- The Gift of DisillusionmentWhy being disappointed by your church may actually be a good thing.
- 3 Pastors at the End of Their RopesAre we brave enough to see our real selves in these fictional examples?