Alcohol and Drinking
A Little Wine for the Soul?
The Bible says drunkenness is a sin (Galatians 5:21). But is occasional social drinking OK for Christians?
Amassed Media: The Drink Debate
What Christian leaders past and present have said about social drinking—and where to find them online.
Missouri Baptists frown on beer as evangelistic hook.
- I Was the Proverbial, Drug-Fueled Rock and RollerUntil a chance encounter with my mom’s old Bible opened my eyes.
- Prohibition: A Movement of Prudish Killjoys or Righteous Revolutionaries?A new book reenvisions temperance as a global struggle on behalf of the oppressed and exploited.
- Died: Celebrate Recovery Founder John Baker, Who Shifted Evangelicals’ Approach to AddictionThe Saddleback Church pastor developed the popular Christ-centered 12-step program for “hurts, habits, and hang-ups.”
- A ‘Sober Curious’ Quarantine Broke My PerfectionismWhile researching young adult ministry, I discovered the younger generation had something to teach me about my approach to alcohol.
- Pious Pledges and Consecrated KeggersCan Christian fraternities and sororities redeem a campus culture bruised from hazing and drowning in alcohol?
- Can Christians Drink Alcohol? Here’s What 1,000 Protestant Churchgoers Think(UPDATED) Most say the Bible doesn’t ban booze, but they abstain anyway.
- God Shook My World at an EDM ConcertI was rolling on Ecstasy when the scales suddenly fell from my eyes.
- Give People Dignity the World Has Taken AwayWhat an alcoholic pastor taught me about administering the presence of God.
- Too Soon for Perry Noble's Second Chance at Church?NewSpring says its founder, who was fired last year, still isn't qualified to pastor.
- Raise a Juice Box to the Temperance MovementThe teetotaling history behind America's favorite communion wine substitute.