Alcohol and Drinking
A Little Wine for the Soul?
The Bible says drunkenness is a sin (Galatians 5:21). But is occasional social drinking OK for Christians?
Amassed Media: The Drink Debate
What Christian leaders past and present have said about social drinking—and where to find them online.
Missouri Baptists frown on beer as evangelistic hook.
- I Was the Proverbial, Drug-Fueled Rock and RollerUntil a chance encounter with my mom’s old Bible opened my eyes.
- Died: Celebrate Recovery Founder John Baker, Who Shifted Evangelicals’ Approach to AddictionThe Saddleback Church pastor developed the popular Christ-centered 12-step program for “hurts, habits, and hang-ups.”
- The Spiritual Roots of AddictionSeth Haines talks about his battle with alcoholism and how leaders can help addicts find freedom.
- Can Christians Drink Alcohol? Here’s What 1,000 Protestant Churchgoers Think(UPDATED) Most say the Bible doesn’t ban booze, but they abstain anyway.
- God Shook My World at an EDM ConcertI was rolling on Ecstasy when the scales suddenly fell from my eyes.
- RagamuffinThe patched-up life and unshabby message of Brennan Manning.
- Nicky Cruz: David Wilkerson 'Never Lost His Heart'Gang leader-turned-evangelist misses his spiritual father.
- Too Soon for Perry Noble's Second Chance at Church?NewSpring says its founder, who was fired last year, still isn't qualified to pastor.
- Remembering David WilkersonHow the pastor/evangelist shaped the Pentecostal and evangelical movements—and the world.