- Write a New Hymn unto the LordHymn writing should be a spiritual practice for everyday saints, not just for worship professionals.
- Unitarians and Episcopalians Created American ChristmasBut evangelicals have rightly made it more gospel centered.
- Bring Back Altar CallsThey could foster the worst in evangelical spirituality. But the best of it, too.
- I Could Sing This Bridge Forever, If It’s an AntiphonModern worship music can seem awfully simple. But it has a vital role to play, especially when paired with Scripture.
- We’ve Sung ‘Amazing Grace’ for 250 Years. We’ve Only Just Begun.Why John Newton’s famous hymn is still so powerful after so long.
- At 100, Hymn Society Considers How Worship EvolvesGathering for the first time since the pandemic, the interdenominational group discussed the importance of global churches finding their own rhythms.
- Holy Week Playlist: Songs to Survey the Wondrous CrossChristian leaders and musicians share their favorite Easter music.
- Meet the Middling Musician Who Helped Launch the Gospel Music IndustryHomer Rodeheaver was an unexceptional trombonist. But he had an ear for great songs and a knack for promoting them.
- When We Survey the Wondrous CrossLent invites us to gain perspective by facing our mortality.
- ’Tis Mystery All! The Immortal Dies!How can we even begin to understand this astonishing, amazing love?