Assemblies of God
- The Bulletin Episode 25|1 hr 4minWho Are the People in My Neighborhood?Title 42 expires, the Durham report drops, and an abuse scandal rocks Chi Alpha campus ministry.
- Registered Sex Offender Continued to Minister to Chi Alpha StudentsSome Texas pastors supported and involved a man they knew was convicted of child sex abuse. Now more victims are coming forward.
- Hillsong Founder Awaits Verdict in Cover-Up CaseAn Australian court is weighing whether or not Brian Houston had a “reasonable excuse” not to report his father's sexual abuse to the police.
- ‘Nondenominational’ Is Now the Largest Segment of American ProtestantsUS Religion Census finds independent congregations have surged in the last decade.Français
- Assemblies of God Ordains Record Number of WomenThere is work to do and some of those God has called to do it are female, Pentecostal leaders say.
- Died: George O. Wood, Who Led the Assemblies of God into GrowthAs general superintendent, he brought women and minorities into leadership, added “compassion” to the denomination’s constitution, and set ambitious goals for church planting.
- Christians Welcome Coup in GuineaAfter yet another military overthrow of a democratically elected leader in West Africa, minority evangelicals debate the role of faith in politics.
- Died: David Yonggi Cho, Founder of the World’s Largest MegachurchThe Korean Pentecostal promoted cell groups and gifts of the Holy Spirit for church growth.
- Crusaders No More: What Arab Christians and Muslims Think of Mascot Changes(UPDATED) Evangel and Valparaiso are the latest university sports teams to replace a contested symbol of Christian history.
- Assemblies of God Avoids Jury Trial in Sexual Abuse CaseOregon lawsuit sought to hold national organization liable for crimes committed in a Royal Rangers program in the 1980s.