The Asian American population--nearly 18 million at the time of the 2010 census--continues to grow steadily, with U.S. immigrants from Asian countries recently surpassing those from Hispanic ones. About three quarters of Buddhist and Hindu Asian Americans commemorate Christmas, and Asian Americans are the most likely of any racial group to enter interracial marriages. According to a Pew Forum survey in 2012, almost half of Asian Americans are Christian, with 13 percent of those identifying as evangelical.
- After Shooting, California Churches’ Lunar New Year Celebrations Turned SolemnBlocks away from the Monterey Park and Alhambra crime scenes, some Asian American pastors adjusted services and offered prayers to address the tragedy.简体中文繁體中文
- At Gracepoint Ministries, ‘Whole-Life Discipleship’ Took Its TollAs the predominantly Asian American church network expands to dozens of college towns, former members come forward with claims of spiritual abuse.简体中文繁體中文
- Indian Christian Day Uses Martyrdom of Apostle Thomas to Unite the DiasporaOne in five Indian Americans is now Christian. But they remain divided by language, doctrine, and generation.
- Elderly Taiwanese Church in California Attacked by ShooterMembers showed “exceptional heroism and bravery” as they overtook the gunman, who killed one person and wounded five.Indonesian
- God Was Faithful to These Chinese Families in the American SouthA new documentary goes deep on a surprising history. Which happens to be mine too.简体中文繁體中文
- ‘Minari’ Recognizes Those Who Have Sacrificed Much. So Can the Church.The Oscar-nominated film is a homage to those who feel invisible.
- The Atlanta Shooter Targeted My Community. He Also Came from My Former Church.An Asian American pastor grapples with grief, anger, and the evangelical response after last week’s attacks.
- Quick To ListenEpisode 257|1 hr 4minWhat Unites Asian American ChristiansDoes diversity in cultural and church backgrounds still allow for experiences and passions?
- Rick Warren Apologizes for Saddleback Clip With ‘Demeaning’ Asian CaricatureAsian American Christian leaders reiterate concerns over using stereotypes as punchlines in Sunday school curricula.
- How to Fix the Asian American Female Pastor DilemmaNew “PastoraLab” equips women in ministry who feel torn between their culture’s churches and their calling to lead.