Died • Thomas Kinkade, christian artist known as the "Painter of Light," on April 6 at his California home. He was 57.
Named • David N. Hempton, as Harvard Divinity School's newest dean. He has been professor of Evangelical Theological Studies at the school since 2007.
Escaped • Chen Guangcheng, prominent opponent of China's one-child policy. The blind legal activist, under house arrest since 2010, hopes to relocate his family to the United States.
Copyright © 2012 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
See Christianity Today's news section and liveblog for more news updates.
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
More from this Issue
Read These Next
- TrendingDon’t Pretend the Ugandan Homosexuality Law Is ChristianNot everything that’s a sin is a crime—let alone one punishable by death.Français简体中文繁體中文
- From the MagazineWhen Politics Saved 25 Million LivesTwenty years ago, Republicans, Democrats, evangelicals, gay activists, and African leaders joined forces to combat AIDS. Will their legacy survive today’s partisanship?
- Editor's PickPCA’s 50th Anniversary Comes During a Season of GriefPresbyterians expect less fight and more fatigue as they gather following the Covenant shooting and the deaths of Harry Reeder and Tim Keller.