Died • Samuel Ericcson, founder of Advocates International and former executive director of the Christian Legal Society, on January 21 after an 11-year battle with cancer.
Elected • Stephan Bauman, as CEO and president of World Relief. He has served as senior vice president of programs since 2007.
Died • Christine Gregory, former president of the Woman's Missionary Union and a trailblazer for women in Southern Baptist Convention leadership roles, on January 22 in Danville, Virginia. She was 89.
Assassinated • Salman Taseer, Punjab governor who pushed for reform of Pakistan's blasphemy laws
Named • Greg Seltz, as new speaker of The Lutheran Hour. Seltz is currently a theology professor at Concordia University in Irvine, California.
Inaugurated • Don Sweeting, as president of Reformed Theological Seminary-Orlando, on February 10. Sweeting was previously senior pastor of Cherry Creek Presbyterian Church in Englewood, Colorado.
Appointed • Vincent Wimbush, as first African-American president of the Society of Biblical Literature. Wimbush is currently director of the Institute for Signifying Scriptures at Claremont Graduate University in California.
Copyright © 2011 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
See Christianity Today's news section and liveblog for more news updates.
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
More from this Issue
Read These Next
- TrendingRussell Moore: I Already Miss Tim Keller’s Wise VoiceThe late pastor theologian gave strong counsel to me and so many others in ministry.
- From the MagazineOur Worship Is Turning Praise into Secular ProfitWith corporate consolidation in worship music, more entities are invested in the songs sung on Sunday mornings. How will their financial incentives shape the church?español
- Editor's PickA Tale of Two New York City PastorsOne formed me. The other entertained me.