Appointed • Ben Homan, as president of John Stott Ministries. Homan is president and CEO of Food for the Hungry and former development officer for Covenant Seminary, St. Louis.
Died • Robert Dugan Jr., past director of government affairs for the National Association of Evangelicals, on May 4 in Albuquerque. He was 78.
Leaving • Francis Chan, as senior pastor of Cornerstone Church in Simi Valley, Calif., in order to pursue new opportunities. (See Christianity Today's profile of Chan and analysis of his departure.)
Resigned • Melissa Fryrear, as Focus on the Family's senior analyst on gender issues, in April to pursue speaking opportunities.
Died • Moishe Rosen, founder of Jews for Jesus, on May 19 in San Francisco. He was 78. (See Christianity Today's obituary.)
Appointed • Randolph Marshall Bell, as president of the First Freedom Center. Bell was previously the U.S. State Department's ambassador-at-large for Holocaust issues.
Appointed • Junias Venugopal, as provost of Moody Bible Institute, starting July 1. He was previously vice president for educational affairs at Columbia International University.
Appointed • David Gushee, as head of Mercer University's new Center for Theology and Public Life.
Died • Dennis Tinerino, bodybuilder turned evangelist.
Copyright © 2010 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
See Christianity Today's news section and liveblog for more news updates.
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
More from this Issue
Read These Next
- TrendingRussell Moore: I Already Miss Tim Keller’s Wise VoiceThe late pastor theologian gave strong counsel to me and so many others in ministry.
- From the MagazineI Find Comfort in the Divine WarriorA surprising psalm changed my view on God’s presence during seasons of trial.
- Editor's PickO for a Thousand Tongues of FireThe Spirit’s descent at Pentecost is a model for diverse and distributed leadership.