|Months in jail that the Irish Council for Civil Liberties says clergy could face for distributing a Vatican statement on homosexuality, which the group says violates a 1989 hate crime law.||Americans who say they wouldn't vote for a well-qualified evangelical presidential candidate.||Americans who wouldn't vote for a qualified Muslim.|
|White Americans who say President Bush's faith rightly affects his policies.||Black Americans who say his religion doesn't affect his policy enough.|
Sources: The Irish Times, Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life
Copyright © 2003 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
Go Figure sources can be found at The Irish Times and Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life.
Christianity Today's recent Go Figure columns include:
2002's martyrs, cohabiting couples, and defiant Alabamans. (September 9, 2003)
A survey indicates that teenagers attend religious services more than adults. (August 5, 2003)
Two astronomers determine the time when Jesus died and rose. (July 16, 2003)
How evangelicals view Islam and their own happiness. (June 12, 2003)
By mid-March 41 percent of churchgoers said their pastor had not mentioned the war. (May 5, 2003)
What percentage of Americans say they are spiritual but not religious? (April 24, 2003)
The power of Jesus shows in magazine sales. (February 4, 2003)
What role did abortion play in the congressional race? (January 8, 2003)
Is cheating more rampant at religious high schools? (December 18, 2002)
What do Americans pray for? (December 9, 2002)
How much more time do evangelical fathers give their children? (October 25, 2002)
What percentage of Americans believe in heaven? (September 13, 2002)
Americans continue to give to religious groups following September 11. (August 14, 2002)
The majority of Americans say September 11 proved there's "too little religion." (July 11, 2002)
Statistics on the Protestant clergy shortage and The Prayer of Jabez (May 23, 2002)
The number of Americans who say they have no religion is growing (May 8, 2002)
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
Our digital archives are a work in progress. Let us know if corrections need to be made.
This article is from the October 2003 issue.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Already a subscriber? Log In
More from this Issue
Read These Next
- TrendingDon’t Pretend the Ugandan Homosexuality Law Is ChristianNot everything that’s a sin is a crime—let alone one punishable by death.简体中文繁體中文
- From the MagazineI Find Comfort in the Divine WarriorA surprising psalm changed my view on God’s presence during seasons of trial.
- RelatedUnited Methodists Lose 1,800 Churches in Split Over LGBT StanceThe initial departures, mostly concentrated in the South, represent around 6 percent of the denomination—not as dramatic as the “schism” some feared.
- Editor's PickPCA’s 50th Anniversary Comes During a Season of GriefPresbyterians expect less fight and more fatigue as they gather following the Covenant shooting and the deaths of Harry Reeder and Tim Keller.