North AmericaChurches in 450 U.S. cities participated in Jesus Day 2000 on June 10, with service projects and community marches. The event, sponsored by March for Jesus USA in partnership with Mission America and Call to Renewal, also drew participation from an estimated 10 million people in 150 nations worldwide.Donald L. McCullough, former president of San Francisco Theological Seminary, has been temporarily removed from ordained office after the Permanent Judicial Council of the San Francisco Presbytery convicted him on two counts of sexual abuse because of two simultaneous extramarital affairs (CT, June 12, p. 17). One of the women involved with McCullough was a church staff member. The other is McCullough's current wife, whom he married in late 1999 after a divorce in December 1998. McCullough had asked the council for a "rebuke," which is the mildest form of censure he could have received. C. Eric Lincoln, an expert on African-American history and the role of the church in black culture, died May 14 at his Durham, N.C., home at age 75. A longtime professor at Duke University, Lincoln is remembered for his commitment to racial reconciliation.Rod J. K. Wilson is the new president of Regent College in Vancouver. He succeeds Walter C. Wright Jr., who served as president for the past 12 years.Daniel Wicher has been named president-elect of cam International in Dallas.
Copyright © 2000 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
Our digital archives are a work in progress. Let us know if corrections need to be made.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
More from this Issue
Read These Next
- TrendingAfter Nashville, Moral Numbness Is Our EnemyShootings have become normal to the American public. But as Christians, we know better.
- From the MagazineIs It Time to Quit ‘Quiet Time’?Effective biblical engagement must be about more than one’s personal experience with Scripture.
- Editor's PickLiberty Appoints Retired General, Air Force Chaplain as New PresidentAlumnus Dondi E. Costin steps in to lead years after Jerry Falwell Jr.’s scandal.