"And Jesus uttered a loud cry and breathed his last." (Mark 15:37)
Part two of The Great Reversal, a CT Classic article
A Crescendo of Wonder
Why Good Friday services are not designed to be funerals for Jesus or exercises in guilt.
The Goodness of Good Friday
An unhappy celebration—isn't that an oxymoron?
- My Last Supper with the Family of GodIn response to our weakness, Christ serves us his final meal.FrançaisIndonesian
- The Cross Contradicts Our Culture WarsThe victory of Christ was won by crucifixion, not societal conquest.Português简体中文繁體中文
- Holy Week Playlist: Songs to Survey the Wondrous CrossChristian leaders and musicians share their favorite Easter music.
- When We Survey the Wondrous CrossLent invites us to gain perspective by facing our mortality.
- ’Tis Mystery All! The Immortal Dies!How can we even begin to understand this astonishing, amazing love?
- The Stunning Humility of GodJesus’ gruesome death didn’t happen randomly or accidentally. He knew very well what was coming his way.
- Why We Sing Such a Bloody SongThe power of “There Is a Fountain” is its insistence that Jesus' death was real, was messy, and made all the difference.
- Were You There When They Crucified My Lord?There are no easy answers to the spiritual’s convicting questions.
- Jesus Is the God of Ground ZeroIn grief, he is our consolation.
- Ain’t No Grave Gonna Hold Our Bodies DownWhat does the Resurrection tell us about God’s plans for us?