Though there is continued argument whether humankind has truly brought about climate change and the effects of global warming, most evangelicals agree that stewardship of God’s creation is a biblical principle. When it comes to how that environmental stewardship should be executed, however, disagreement abounds.
Second Coming Ecology
We care for the environment precisely because God will create a new earth.
A Covenant with the Earth
Why the work of Christ makes all the difference in our care of creation.
Greening of the Gospel?
Evangelical environmentalists press to add creation care to the church's mission.
- ‘The Evangelical Soul Is Not for Sale’ in VenezuelaAnd other news briefs from Christians around the world.
- Christian Conservationists Sue to Protect Ghana ForestBauxite mining would threaten birds, plants, and clean water.
- Bee My Valentine: A Saint’s Guide to Creation CareLike Valentine, patron saint of beekeeping, Christians have a duty to love and learn from the earth God made.
- Changing the Conversation on Climate ChangeQ&A with evangelical organizer Tori Goebel on the difference 10 years makes and how a rising generation of Christians is looking for “avenues for action.”
- Wiser than Solomon: Can Evangelicals Lead the Middle East Toward Creation Care?As Egypt hosts COP27, a few pioneering believers struggle to transform the region most at risk of climate change yet demonstrating the least concern.
- The Forest Underground: How an Australian Missionary Regrew the African SahelEvangelical farmer takes his technique from Niger to COP27 in Egypt, pitching a project in which “everything needed, God has already provided.”Français
- Evangelical Creation Care Expert Shares Lessons Learned from Global TourAround the world, Christians look to scriptural lessons on stewardship to depoliticize environmental issues.
- Wanted: Creation Care Coordinator for Major British Evangelical ChurchA new position at Holy Trinity Brompton reflects growing concern about climate change among some Christians.
- What We Sing as Creation Cries OutThe Porter’s Gate offers an album of “Climate Vigil Songs.”
- Evangelical Report: Creation Care Is an Act of Worship, HospitalityThe National Association of Evangelicals focuses on the impact of the changing environment.