Home to the United States’ longest-running (and still ongoing) war, Afghanistan continues to be a controversial topic. Christianity Today’s has extensively covered the war, but also the country’s religious freedom, missions, and other issues.
The Ethics of Promoting Democracy
Should the U.S. stay militarily involved in Afghanistan?
- US Allows Individuals to Sponsor RefugeesAmericans can now independently resettle those fleeing war and persecution. Christian resettlement agencies are largely on board.
- Afghan Christians Are Very OnlineAs Taliban increases restrictions on women and minorities, enterprising ministries offer seminaries and sermons where there are no churches.简体中文繁體中文
- Migrants to Europe Are Changing ChurchesStudy finds new immigrants in about half of hospitable congregations.
- Survey: Today’s Evangelicals More Likely to Welcome the StrangerNew research shows a marked shift in attitudes about refugees and immigration reform compared to 2015, and experts have a few ideas why.
- Americans Forgot How Long Refugee Resettlement TakesOne year into the biggest US refugee wave since the Vietnam War, Christians are trying to buy Afghan immigrants more time.
- Will US List Nigeria Again After Latest Religious Freedom Report?Secretary Blinken warns Nigeria, Afghanistan, and other nations with unchecked violations, while USCIRF recommends additional countries of particular concern.
- Afghan Muslims Are Asking Questions. These Christians Are Ready to Answer.From sharing online messages about Jesus to serving in resettlement communities, church leaders approach this missional moment with prayer and patience.
- The Afghan Immigration Crisis Is Bigger, Faster, More Traumatic. Are Ministries Ready?Tens of thousands of Afghan evacuees are coming to the US without special status or government funding for resettlement, putting more responsibility on Christian donors and volunteers.
- Quick To ListenEpisode 281|43minDrones Have Changed the Moral Calculus for WarThe debate on drone strikes goes beyond civilian casualty numbers.
- Quick To ListenEpisode 280|50minDid 9/11 Change How Evangelicals See Muslims?A brief history of a complicated relationship.