Retiring • Richard Mouw, president of Fuller Theological Seminary, in June 2013. He has been president since 1993.
Died • Elward Ellis, pioneer of black campus ministry and racial reconciliation with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, on May 12 in a car accident. He was 63.
Leaving • Shane Hipps, teaching pastor of Mars Hill Bible Church (Michigan), once a replacement is found. Hipps said the church elders' new job description for him would "dramatically reduce my service to the broader church."
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
More from this Issue
Read These Next
- TrendingA Tale of Two New York City PastorsOne formed me. The other entertained me.
- From the MagazineEve’s Legacy Is Both Sin and RedemptionThe first woman tried to get free of God. But when she aligned herself with God’s purposes, she became the ‘Mother of All the Living.’
- Editor's PickThe Spiritual Battle of Teen Screen TimeKids’ addictions to their phones isn’t a legislative issue. It’s a discipleship one.