Appointed • Susan Billington Harper, as provost of Westmont College. Harper, the historian of Christian missions, has been senior officer of the Pew Charitable Trusts.
Resigned • Michael Hyatt, as CEO of Nashville-based publishing giant Thomas Nelson, on April 11 in order to pursue more writing and speaking.
Resigned • Jerry Dykstra, as executive director of the Christian Reformed Church in North America, on April 5 for personal reasons. He had led the denomination since 2006.
Died • Ray H. Hughes, former general overseer of the Church of God and three-time president of Lee College, on April 4 in Cleveland, Ohio. He was 87.
Died • Nancy A. Hardesty, professor and author of the influential evangelical feminism tome All We're Meant To Be, on April 8 in Atlanta after treatment for pancreatic cancer. She was 69 years old.
Copyright © 2011 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
See Christianity Today's news section and liveblog for more news updates
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
More from this Issue
Read These Next
- TrendingChristian and Missionary Alliance Will Ordain WomenMinisters may now use the title “pastor” regardless of gender.
- From the MagazineWhen Politics Saved 25 Million LivesTwenty years ago, Republicans, Democrats, evangelicals, gay activists, and African leaders joined forces to combat AIDS. Will their legacy survive today’s partisanship?
- Editor's PickDied: Pat Robertson, Broadcast Pioneer Who Brought Christian TV to the MainstreamWith CBN, “The 700 Club,” Regent, the Christian Coalition, and a run for president, he changed evangelicals’ place in public life.