Appointed • James Liske, as CEO of Prison Fellowship on June 6. He was previously senior pastor of Ridge Point Community Church, known for its prison ministry, in Holland, Michigan.
Died • Richard Wynn, former president of Youth for Christ/USA, on March 25 in Florida. He was 71.
Appointed • Gordon MacDonald, as chancellor of Denver Seminary. A noted pastor and author, he served as interim president during the 2008-2009 academic year.
Appointed • Brian Stiller, as global ambassador of the World Evangelical Alliance. Stiller is past president of the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada and founder of Faith Today magazine.
Resigned • Jim Powell, as president of Christian Trade Association International, in July in order to do missions work in New Guinea.
Resigned • Karl Giberson, as executive vice-president of the BioLogos Foundation, in May in order to devote more time to writing.
Died • Paul Youngdahl, senior pastor at Mount Olivet Lutheran Church, on June 20 in Minneapolis. He was 73.
Died • Hermann Austel, noted Hebrew scholar, on May 29 in Washington.
Retiring • Reno Hoff, as president of Corban University, in 2013. He is the institution's 9th president and oversaw the college's transition to a university structure.
Named • Matthew Myer Boulton, as president of Christian Theological Seminary in Indianapolis. Myer Boulton, who has been involved with a broad range of denominations over the past decade, is a noted professor at Harvard Divinity School.
Copyright © 2011 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
See Christianity Today's news section and liveblog for more news updates.
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
More from this Issue
Read These Next
- TrendingChristian and Missionary Alliance Will Ordain WomenMinisters may now use the title “pastor” regardless of gender.
- From the MagazineOur Worship Is Turning Praise into Secular ProfitWith corporate consolidation in worship music, more entities are invested in the songs sung on Sunday mornings. How will their financial incentives shape the church?español
- Editor's PickDied: Pat Robertson, Broadcast Pioneer Who Brought Christian TV to the MainstreamWith CBN, “The 700 Club,” Regent, the Christian Coalition, and a run for president, he changed evangelicals’ place in public life.