Rich Christians in An Age of Hunger: Moving from Affluence to Generosity
Continues to make the evangelical community aware of what the Bible says about our responsibilities to the poor, and calls Christians to do something about it.
* * *
Christian Zionism: Road-map to Armageddon?
A comprehensive survey describing how Christians have embraced a theological perspective that has encouraged justice for Jews, but has also led to the oppression of Palestinian people and extreme hostility between Christians and Muslims worldwide.
* * *
The Irresistible Revolution: Living as an Ordinary Radical
If you want to get a glimpse of what radical obedience looks like when lived out by a Red-Letter Christian, then this book is a must.
* * *
God's Politics: Why the Right Gets It Wrong and the Left Doesn't Get It
A New York Times bestselling book offering an alternative to the polarizing politics promoted by many in the religious culture wars. Wallis helps us find unity with a politics that addresses the needs of the poor and oppressed.
* * *
Abraham J Heschel
Provides rich insights from the Hebrew prophets as they empathized with the pathos that God shows upon seeing the oppression of the poor.
Copyright © 2008 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
Rich Christians in An Age of Hunger and The Prophets were among Christianity Today's Books of the Century.
Rob Moll reported on Shane Claiborne and "The New Monasticism."
Ron Sider told Christianity Today how he had changed since writing Rich Christians.
Previous top 5 lists had books about church history, atheism, popular culture, the Civil War, apologetics, atheism, and sex.
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
Our digital archives are a work in progress. Let us know if corrections need to be made.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
More from this Issue
Read These Next
- TrendingJunia, the Female Apostle Imprisoned for the GospelWhat Scripture tells us about the story of this “outstanding” Jewish woman in chains.Português
- From the MagazineBhutanese Nepali Refugees Turn Their Trials into Zeal for EvangelismThousands found Jesus while displaced, which prepared them to plant churches and settle in a new land.
- RelatedThe Prophet Who Tells Us to Pay AttentionHabakkuk also lived in a time of injustice—and just like him, we must not look away.
- Editor's PickAfter Nashville, Moral Numbness Is Our EnemyShootings have become normal to the American public. But as Christians, we know better.