Once again, we continue our symphony of shortcuts to articles and stories you may have missed. BTW, I do check comments both at my blog and Out of Ur; so let me know what you think of the mid-week madness.
- "Leading Sunday worship—the thing [clergy and lay leaders] know how to do, were trained to do, and want earnestly to do better—simply isn't as important as it used to be, and it isn't where they need to be devoting so much time." Time to rethink Sunday morning.
- If nobody is singing, longtime members are upset, and attendance is spotty; a North Point affiliated pastor in Canada suggests you might be doing everything right ...
- ... On the other hand, some reasons why it's important that we do sing together.
- "One of the reasons why Chaplains and Christian groups are so accepted in [UK] prisons is that the value of what the Christian faith can offer to those whose lives are a mess is fully appreciated." The church and restorative justice.
- On the spot counseling: How would you answer a young man requesting prayer for a pornography addition? Or a couple living together who feel they are spiritually married?