- Black Pastors Push for Compromise Rather than Equality ActDozens of leaders are advocating for the Fairness for All proposal, which would match LGBT protections with religious exemptions.
- Evangelicals in Congress Prefer Generic LabelsBaptists, nondenominational Christians, and Pentecostals are underrepresented on Capitol Hill, while the “other” category continues to grow.
- Split Down the Aisle by Impeachment, Senate Still United in PrayerChaplain balances bipartisan alliances with trust in God’s will.
- The Uncertain Future of Pro-Life DemocratsMixed results in the 2018 midterms leave questions on partisan strategy over abortion.
- Sam Brownback Finally Confirmed as America’s Religious Freedom AmbassadorAfter a tight Senate vote, evangelicals are celebrating the Kansas governor’s new role.
- Johnson Amendment Repeal Removed from Final GOP Tax Bill(UPDATED) Trump promise to let churches make political endorsements blocked by Senate rule.
- The Biggest Loser in the Alabama ElectionIt’s not Republicans or Democrats, but Christian witness.
- Adoption Tax Credit Saved by Both House and SenateRepublicans heed evangelical outcry on tax reform.
- Why Torture Is a Complete FailureFormer war crimes prosecutor: Legally, morally, and practically, ‘enhanced interrogation’ does not work.
- During Morning Prayer, Chaplain Scolds Senators over Government Shutdown(UPDATED) Meanwhile, military Communion and outdoor weddings become collateral damage.