- Our Quest for Control Has Gotten Out of ControlMore and more, it’s causing broken relationships, burnout, and anxiety. But that doesn’t mean we’re called to “let go and let God.”
- ‘Turning Red’ Teaches Kids to Feed, Not Tame, the Beast WithinThe film departs from biblical wisdom on how we should deal with our inner mess.
- Theological Core ExercisesHow attending to our theological center helps us remember who we are.
- How Cancer Shattered My Illusion of ControlI acted like I was master of my fate. I was a mist.
- The Science of Sinning LessWhat new research reveals about self-control and willpower.
- Save Your Soul: Stop WritingIn the age of push-button publishing, self-disclosure isn't always God's best.
- Confessions of a Controlling WifeMy journey from cheerleader to critic and back again
- Giving Up Self-Discipline for LentThere is really only one 'lesson' I've learned in the penitential season.
- Lent in NarniaWould C.S. Lewis have renounced Turkish Delight from Ash Wednesday to Easter?
- Pass the CasseroleLosing control over your eating—like, when you can’t cook after surgery for cancer—has a way of turning anxiety into gratitude.