From verbal harassment to hanging, persecution for professing faith in Christ is as old as Christianity itself, often comingling with ethnic violence and geo-political conflict. In the 20th century, Christians in formerly Communist countries went underground with their faith, eventually gaining support and advocacy from missionary Brother Andrew and his Open Doors USA. Today the nonprofit compiles an annual list of the world’s worst persecutors of Christians; Muslim countries with stringent Shari’ah law comprise 8 of the top 10 worst.
- Manipur Christians: ‘The Violence Has Shattered Us’Many from India’s tribal Kuki community have fled their homes. Amid ongoing violence, returning isn’t an option.
- Cyrus, Pharaoh, or Xerxes: Nigerian Christians Seek Parallels for New President They OpposedBola Tinubu spurned tradition to pick a fellow Muslim as his running mate. Believers wonder if he will champion greater Islamization, be the figure able to resist it, or listen to his evangelical wife.
- They Sang ‘a Heavenly Song’ in a Dark Chinese JailTwo Chinese Christian women ministered to their cellmates and prison guards with stories, prayers, and hymns.简体中文繁體中文
- They Persecuted Indian Christians. Most Confessed. Did Divine Retribution Follow?A new documentary follows the lives of 10 of the men responsible for horrific attacks on the Kandhamal church.
- When Police Arrive at Your Church’s DoorAs persecution worsens in China, an urban house church leader offers guide for perseverance and preparation.简体中文繁體中文
- J. K. Rowling’s Witch Hunts Put Us on TrialWhat our anger towards this controversial cultural figure reveals about us.Français简体中文繁體中文
- Mobs Kill 6, Burn Down 25 Churches in Northeastern IndiaWhile ethnic tensions have festered for decades, leaders in Manipur say religious extremism is fueling the extreme aggression.
- Religious Freedom Violations Go WestAnnual watchdog report expands to Latin America, continues to cite China, Iran, and Saudi Arabia among 28 nations restricting minority faiths.
- Chinese Christians Seeking Asylum Fly to USUPDATED: After arrest in Bangkok, the “Mayflower church” leaves for America.简体中文한국어繁體中文
- 5 Books About Contemporary Christian MartyrsChosen by Jerry Pattengale, coauthor of “The New Book of Christian Martyrs: The Heroes of Our Faith from the First Century to the 21st Century.”