Money and Business
“Sell your possessions,” Jesus told his disciples, “and give to the poor.” Scripture abounds with warnings against the moral and spiritual corruptions that attend the desire for money and material prosperity. Can a Christian pursue profit while following Christ? Today, with more evangelicals than ever occupying the commanding heights of the business world, believers have to think afresh about how to reconcile the businessman’s moneymaking vocation with Scripture’s call to store up treasures in heaven.
- The Bible Gives Investors Like Me a New Perspective on RiskIf we believe all that God promises, we won’t always opt for playing it safe.
- Christian Fiction Queen Says Goodbye to Hallmark, Hello to Karen Kingsbury ProductionsAs novelists embrace entrepreneurship, they find ways to take more control.
- In Christian Publishing, ‘Platform’ Is Being Weighed and Found WantingFavoring big-name authors and “influencers” might be good for the bottom line, but not always for the books—and readers—themselves.
- The Russell Moore ShowEpisode 31|58minAndy Crouch’s Cure for a Tech-Obsessed WorldStrengthening our relational muscles in a hyperdigital society.
- Treasures in Heaven, Portfolios on EarthWhen Christian investors focus solely on avoiding unethical causes, they miss a chance to build up good corporations and ministries.
- Billionaire Who Invested ‘According to the Word of God’ Charged with Multibillion-Dollar FraudBill Hwang is at the center of what white-collar crime experts see as Wall Street’s biggest indictment since Bernie Madoff.简体中文한국어繁體中文
- The Booze-Filled Business Trip That Made Me a ChristianI was on the verge of making a fortune, but I couldn’t stop dwelling on a conversation about religion.
- Venture Capitalists See Profit in PrayerReligion apps attract more than $175 million in investment.
- Died: Marcus Lamb, Daystar Founder Who Believed TV Opened a Window for the Holy SpiritAfter setting himself apart from corrupt televangelists and achieving incredible early success, the Christian network chief lived from scandal to scandal.
- In Our Rejection of the Prosperity Gospel, Are We Missing God's Provision?As church leaders, we can model a balanced mindset about God's material blessings.español简体中文繁體中文