Marriage is an institution ordained by God, and a basic building block of decent societies. Uniting man and woman in permanent bonds of love, marriage models the relationship between Christ and his bride, the Church, while furnishing a stable environment for the rearing of children. Liberalized patterns of pre-marital sex and cohabitation, the relaxing of restrictions on divorce, and growing pressures for the legal recognition of same-sex partnerships have drastically altered both the conception and lived reality of marriage over the past several decades. Even among many Christians, an essentially contractual view of marriage now prevails over a more covenantal understanding of the institution.
- The Russell Moore ShowEpisode 44|33minJesus Encounters Us in ScriptureListener questions on the resurrection, biblical interpretation, and theological differences in marriage.
- The Bible’s Marriage Metaphor Doesn’t Belong In the BedroomWe can rightly look to God as husband and God as Father without making male sexuality divine.Português
- As South Korea’s Marriage Rates Decline, Churches Try to Bring Back RomanceBut they struggle to promote "I dos" without sidelining single people in their flocks.한국어
- Arranged or Not, Indian Christians Praise God for Their MarriagesWhat husbands and wives think of others' unions and what they'd recommend for their children.
- There’s No Such Thing as a Good DivorceWhile divorce may sometimes be warranted and even necessary, it is never a cause for celebration.简体中文繁體中文
- Evangelicals Fear LGBT Blessings Proposal Would Split the Church of EnglandTensions are high at this week’s General Synod, with leaders on both sides frustrated with the suggested compromise on same-sex marriage.
- More Evangelical Women Are Leading Conversations on SexNew voices, resources, and studies focus on wives’ experiences in the bedroom.
- The Russell Moore ShowEpisode 35|32minYour Questions on Sex, Teens, and Marital ProspectsRussell Moore and producer Ashley Hales respond to listeners.
- The Russell Moore ShowEpisode 32|29minYour Questions on Doubt, Social Issues, and Spiritual AbuseRussell Moore and producer Ashley Hales respond to listeners.
- Tell Me Your Beliefs on Sex Without Telling Me Your Beliefs on SexOver time, our embodied lives reliably reveal the stories and myths that shape us.