ISIS (Islamic State)
- Terrorist Attack on Congolese Church Prompts Plea for Christian AdvocacyISIS affiliate strikes Pentecostal baptismal service amid longstanding conflict in Central African region rich in natural resources.Français
- A Requiem for the Disappearing Christians of Iraq, Syria, Egypt, and GazaTheir plight moved a (mostly prayerless) war correspondent to prayer and mourning.
- Good News for Iraq’s Christians: More Autonomy, Less DhimmitudeAs Erbil Christians finally get to govern themselves, Chaldean Catholic archbishop Bashar Warda explains to CT how ISIS freed Christians from the centuries-old understanding that they are second-class citizens.简体中文繁體中文
- ISIS Executes Christian Businessman Kidnapped in Egypt’s SinaiFamily mourn yet celebrate martyrdom of Coptic grandfather who financed the only church in his city, so as to build “a home in heaven.”简体中文Indonesian繁體中文
- At Mosul Church, Pope Asks Iraq’s Christians to Forgive ISIS and RebuildFrancis’ personal visit to damaged churches in Nineveh Plains caps historic trip.
- Iraq’s Struggling Christians Hope for Boost from Pope Francis VisitLandmark trip will include Qaraqosh, where most families fled ISIS yet some are now trying to restore the Christian heartland of the Nineveh Plains.
- Bethlehem Is More Than a Sentimental Backdrop to Christmas in the WestHow Christians are celebrating the holiday in the town of Jesus’ birth—and across the broader Middle East.
- Why We Opened a Christian University in Iraq Amid ISIS’ GenocideCT interviews Stephen Rasche on Erbil’s Catholic presence, the need for Christian unity, and why Christians will “no longer be shy” with the gospel.
- Arab Christians Have Lost Easter Before. Here’s What They Learned.Whether COVID-19 or ISIS, believers from Iraq, Syria, and Egypt know “neither plague nor persecution can snuff out the church of Christ.”
- 11 Nigerian Christians Executed in ISIS Christmas VideoMartyrdoms by Boko Haram splinter group occur as US finally adds West African nation to religious freedom watch list.