- Died: ‘The Hiding Place’ and ‘The Cross and the Switchblade’ Coauthor Elizabeth Sherrill“She knew how to tell a story with power.”
- Levites, Whores, and Demoniacs: Here’s How the New NRSV Has ChangedA look at five updates to the New Revised Standard Version of the Bible.
- Died: Thomas McKenzie, Defender and Definer of AnglicanismPastor and author showed “The Anglican Way” to a growing number of evangelicals.
- Poetry, Photography, and Fleming Rutledge Led One American to Volunteer in UkraineA Maine man learns that discerning God’s call can be complicated.
- A Revolution in Religion, TooThe Revolutionary War changed American Christianity, and it still sparks debate today.
- South Carolina: Breakaway Anglicans Must Return 29 ChurchesSplit ruling by state supreme court favors Episcopal Church’s physical but not intellectual property claims.
- Unitarians and Episcopalians Created American ChristmasBut evangelicals have rightly made it more gospel centered.
- Died: J. Delano Ellis II, Bishop Who Promoted High Church PentecostalismHe believed church renewal would come from ardor and order of Spirit-empowered African Americans.
- Anglican Property Wins Don’t Put an End to Legal DisputesBreakaway congregations in South Carolina and Texas continue protracted fight with the Episcopal Church.
- Died: Chuck Murphy, Visionary Who Gave Conservative Anglicans a New HomeFounder of Anglican Mission in the Americas partnered with Rwanda to create US alternative to The Episcopal Church.