- Died: ‘The Hiding Place’ and ‘The Cross and the Switchblade’ Coauthor Elizabeth Sherrill“She knew how to tell a story with power.”
- Poetry, Photography, and Fleming Rutledge Led One American to Volunteer in UkraineA Maine man learns that discerning God’s call can be complicated.
- Unitarians and Episcopalians Created American ChristmasBut evangelicals have rightly made it more gospel centered.
- Levites, Whores, and Demoniacs: Here’s How the New NRSV Has ChangedA look at five updates to the New Revised Standard Version of the Bible.
- Died: Thomas McKenzie, Defender and Definer of AnglicanismPastor and author showed “The Anglican Way” to a growing number of evangelicals.
- Gunman Killed After Opening Fire at NYC Church Christmas ConcertPolice say “it is by the grace of God” that the shooter didn’t strike anyone at the historic Episcopal cathedral.
- Died: J. Delano Ellis II, Bishop Who Promoted High Church PentecostalismHe believed church renewal would come from ardor and order of Spirit-empowered African Americans.
- Anglican Property Wins Don’t Put an End to Legal DisputesBreakaway congregations in South Carolina and Texas continue protracted fight with the Episcopal Church.
- Priest Balances Christian Conviction and Legal Strategy in DACA CaseAn Episcopalian law student on the team behind the Supreme Court victory and a Southern Baptist pastor are among the Dreamers celebrating Thursday’s decision.
- Trump Makes Surprise Visit at Historic Church Near White HouseEpiscopal leaders “outraged” that protestors were cleared for the president’s brief appearance where he raised a Bible for a photo op at St. John’s.