In September 2006, Christianity Today devoted its cover to a Reformed resurgence sweeping large swaths of young conservative Christians, who were hungry for heavy doctrine emphasizing God’s sovereignty and human depravity, and powerful preaching from the likes of John Piper, C. J. Mahaney, and Tim Keller. Today the Reformed movement hosts its own publishing imprints, conferences, and bloggers, even as TULIP remains divisive in the Southern Baptist seminaries where it has blossomed over the past 15 years.
Young, Restless, Reformed
Calvinism is making a comeback—and shaking up the church.
Emergent's New Christians and the Young and Restless Reformed
Tony Jones and Collin Hansen find connections as they discuss each other's books and movements.
Reforming the Reformed
Calvinists, says one Calvinist, misunderstand some of their history and theology. A review of 'Ten Myths About Calvinism.'
- The Russell Moore ShowEpisode 41|52minEvangelicalism’s Failure with Jon WardThe news correspondent and author speaks on parents, personal life, and politics.
- The Russell Moore ShowEpisode 23|1 hrListener Questions on Abortion, Salvation, and Virtual ChurchRussell Moore engages with pressing topics.
- Racist Incidents at General Assembly Were Mostly Misunderstandings, OPC SaysDenomination walks back assessment of “egregiously offensive behavior.”
- Theologians Craft Wesleyan Agreement for a Divided Methodist Era64 scholars sign document they hope will ground more Christians in holiness doctrines.
- Why Taiwan’s Christians Should Support Ukraine: A Theological RationaleChristian solidarity doesn’t derive from civil religion, but from the church’s role in redemptive history amid world history.简体中文繁體中文
- Everybody Loves BavinckHow a Dutch neo-Calvinist thinker became the latest Christian theologian-du-jour.español简体中文繁體中文
- Will My Lost Neighbor Have Another Chance to Receive Jesus After Death?A theologian considers the fate of the unevangelized and the “pseudoevangelized.”
- Herman Bavinck’s Balancing Act, and OursAs a new biography shows, the Dutch Reformed theologian was adept at navigating perennial tensions of Christ and culture.
- Marilynne Robinson’s Latest Novel Probes the Mysteries of Predestination and GraceJack Boughton, the wayward pastor’s son, is a central character. So is Jesus.
- Lay Down Your Ventilator for a FriendWhat is a Christian to do when there's not enough to go around?