- Christians from Myanmar Call for the Release of Jailed Baptist LeaderHkalam Samson, former head of the Kachin Baptist Convention, was internationally known for his advocacy
- A Brief History of American Christians Fighting Sunday MailGerald E. Groff is taking the postal service to the US Supreme Court. Behind him is a long line of sabbatarians.
- With Sports Betting Surge, Churches Should Up the Ante on Addiction RecoveryAs the Super Bowl pulls in record wagers, more people are seeking help for problem gambling. Christians can pull lessons from the opioid crisis to help with treatment.
- Southern Baptist Church Planter Killed in Plane CrashClint Clifton coached Christians to multiply and fulfill the Great Commission.
- Congress Remains Far More Christian than the CountryDenominational identity is dropping among lawmakers, but few are “nones.”español
- Prayer and Forgiveness Offered at Texas ExecutionAnd other brief news from Christians around the world.
- ‘Nondenominational’ Is Now the Largest Segment of American ProtestantsUS Religion Census finds independent congregations have surged in the last decade.Français
- Died: Herb Lusk II: ‘Praying Tailback’ Who Gave Up Football for MinistryFirst NFL player to kneel and thank Jesus in the end zone said caring for souls and helping people in poverty were more meaningful than fame.
- Meet the Scholar-Activist Who Changed Baptist Minds on RaceT. B. Maston’s views on integration were controversial at his seminary. Today, they deserve a fresh hearing.
- Matt Chandler Steps Aside After Inappropriate Online RelationshipElders at The Village Church said Instagram direct messages “revealed something unhealthy.”