Richard Duane “Rick” Warren (1954-) is founder and senior pastor of Saddleback Church in lake Forest, California. He is also a bestselling author, known for his popular titles The Purpose Driven Church and The Purpose Driven Life. In 2005 he launched the global PEACE plan, a global outreach initiative designed to mobilize the Western church toward social justice missions. Warren is active in matters of faith and politics: during the 2008 election he hosted both presidential candidates at the Civil Forum on the Presidency, held at his home church. He also offered the invocation at Barack Obama’s inauguration as President. Warren is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention.
A Regular Purpose-Driven Guy
Rick Warren's genius is in helping pastors see the obvious
Purpose Driven in Rwanda
Rick Warren's sweeping plan to defeat poverty.
by Timothy C. Morgan in Kigali, Rwanda|
Mystic with a Spreadsheet
Journalist Jeffery Sheler provides a probing biography of the two Rick Warrens.
- Rick Warren: The Great Commission’s ‘Go and Teach’ Applies to WomenThe former pastor of ex-SBC Saddleback shares why his views on women changed.Interview with Russell Moore|españolPortuguêsFrançais
- The Russell Moore ShowEpisode 43|52minRick Warren Reflects on His LegacyOne of America’s greatest spiritual leaders speaks to the SBC disfellowshipping Saddleback, pastoral transition, and the Great Commission.Russell Moore|
- Southern Baptist Convention Disfellowships Saddleback ChurchFour other congregations with female pastors were also determined to be not in “friendly cooperation” with the SBC, as well as one removed over its abuse response.Kate Shellnutt|Português
- Saddleback Female Pastors Debate Raises Bigger Questions for the SBCEven without a decision on whether to disfellowship Rick Warren’s megachurch, Southern Baptists are left wondering about where a denomination of independent churches draws its boundary lines.Kate Shellnutt in Anaheim, California|
- Saddleback Successor Cleared of Allegations of Overbearing LeadershipSearch firm Vanderbloemen reviewed texts, emails, and videos but did not talk to former staffer who made accusations against Andy Wood.Bob Smietana - RNS|
- Rick Warren Reveals Successor, Retirement Date as Saddleback Church PastorEcho Church’s Andy Wood will take over for the well-known pastor and author on September 12.Bob Smietana - Religion News Service|
- The Rise and Fall of Mars HillEpisode 2|54minBoomers, The Big Sort, and Really, Really Big ChurchesPost-war suburban church expansion charted a course that Mars Hill would follow.
- Quick To ListenEpisode 268|1 hr 7minRick Warren Mastered the Formula for Suburban Church GrowthWhy the “Purpose Driven” pastor connected with Southern Californians.Morgan Lee|
- Rick Warren Announces Search for Saddleback ReplacementPurpose-driven pastor has “zero regrets, zero fears, zero worries.”Jonathan Howe - Baptist Press|
- Rick Warren Apologizes for Saddleback Clip With ‘Demeaning’ Asian CaricatureAsian American Christian leaders reiterate concerns over using stereotypes as punchlines in Sunday school curricula.Bob Smietana – Religion News Service|