Style: Folk, blues, indie rock; compare to The Civil Wars, Mumford & Sons, Burlap to Cashmere
Top tracks: "Guiding Me Home," "Waiting for the Man," "The Sun Will Find a Way"
Longtime friends and musical collaborators Gabe Martinez (Circleslide) and Brandon Bee (solo artist/producer) never intended to start a side project, but after writing some bluesy Americana tunes just for kicks, StompTown Revival was born. On this debut, shades of folk and indie rock also surface within a blustery blend of acoustic and slide guitars, harmonicas, and a stomp box (think blues pioneer John Lee Hooker). Rootsy vocals touch on heaven, redemption, and the Second Coming, adding up to some serious "spiritual stomp."
Copyright © 2012 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingTim Keller and Beth Moore, On and Off the StageBoth leaders have huge followings. But how well do we really know them?
- From the MagazineJohn 3:16: So Loved, So FamiliarWe need fresh eyes for our faith’s basic teachings, no matter how long we’ve studied the Bible.简体中文繁體中文
- Editor's PickIs It Time to Quit ‘Quiet Time’?Effective biblical engagement must be about more than one’s personal experience with Scripture.