God created humans as sexual beings. In Genesis, we read of husband and wife becoming “one flesh” (2:24); we also see the Fall’s impact on sexuality, as sin distorts humanity’s desires and corrupts our actions. Scripture addresses sexual sin frankly, from accounts of rape and adultery to prohibitions against lust and fornication. While we don’t find contemporary terms like “sexual harassment,” “pornography,” or “sex trafficking” in Scripture, we do find their ancient corollaries, for sexual sin is as old as humanity itself. Yet alongside Scripture’s depictions of sexual sin, we find accounts of grace and transformation, such as Paul’s discussion of “the sexually immoral,” in which he says, “that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God” (1 Cor. 6: 9, 11).
- Welcome, Visitors! Here’s Our Church’s Take on Sex.Hospitality demands that some things be clear from the start.
- Registered Sex Offender Continued to Minister to Chi Alpha StudentsSome Texas pastors supported and involved a man they knew was convicted of child sex abuse. Now more victims are coming forward.
- Ravi Zacharias Hid Hundreds of Pictures of Women, Abuse During Massages, and a Rape AllegationHis ministry, preparing to downsize in the wake of a new investigation, expresses regret for “misplaced trust” in a leader who used his esteem to conceal his sexual misconduct.españolPortuguêsFrançais简体中文한국어Indonesian繁體中文
- Hillsong Founder Awaits Verdict in Cover-Up CaseAn Australian court is weighing whether or not Brian Houston had a “reasonable excuse” not to report his father's sexual abuse to the police.
- Jackie Hill Perry: I Loved My Girlfriend—but God Loved Me MoreHow an epiphany about the wages of my sin opened the door for his cleansing light.
- How Josh Duggar Shifted Homeschoolers’ Sense of SecurityAfter recognizing that sin and evil aren’t outside threats, families are doing more to promote abuse awareness.
- The Birds and the Bees: How Over-Spiritualizing Sex Dismisses CreationThe current debates about sexuality are missing an ecological perspective.
- Willow Creek Elders and Pastor Heather Larson Resign over Bill HybelsChurch leaders apologize to Nancy Ortberg, Nancy Beach, Vonda Dyer, and other women with accusations: “We have no reason not to believe you.”
- I Never Became Straight. Perhaps That Was Never God’s Goal.Why I embraced the Bible's sexual ethic before I understood it.Português
- Celebrate Sexual Ethics. Don’t Apologize for Them.We can take pride and joy in the historic, biblical view of human sexuality.