- Innocent IIIWarring "Vicar of Christ"
- 1378 The Great Papal SchismWhen two popes, and later three popes, vied for supremacy, the medieval church entered a dramatic, forty-year crisis of authority.
- Why Pope John Paul II Whipped HimselfNew book reopens questions on self-denial and "what is lacking in Christ's afflictions."
- Reformation Amillennialism: Salvation Now, Salvation ForeverLuther and Calvin challenged the Catholic church on many key teachings—but not on the doctrine of last things.
- How Could Christians Do This?Why followers of the Prince of Peace waged war.
- The Crusades: A Gallery of Martial Monks & Holy KingsThe great preachers, planners, and fighters of the Holy Land crusades.
- Leo IPope and international diplomat