- Ecclesiastes Is the Story of Abel Writ LargeBiblical Hebrew uses similar names for “vanity” and the slain brother. That’s no accident.
- They Might Be Giants. (Or Angels. Or Superhuman Devils.)Who, or what, are the Nephilim? We don’t know—and maybe we don’t need to.
- Evangelicals Have Four Proposals for Harmonizing Genesis and EvolutionLoren Haarsma maps out the prevailing schools of thought on the origins of humanity and sin.
- Is Life Unsatisfying? Augustine Says, ‘You Are Not Alone.’James K. A. Smith accompanies the church father on a journey through the human heart.
- Jonathan Merritt Wants to Reboot Religious Language for the 21st CenturyBut his method of restoring “sacred words” to our common vocabulary runs the risk of redefining them.
- Embracing Our Transgender Neighbors on God’s TermsWe should seek their well-being—but also prepare for strong disagreement on what that entails.
- Why #BlackLivesMatter Needs the ChurchThe fight for racial justice in America can't succeed without a God-centered vision.
- Avengers: Age of UltronGrade-A scifi and a meditation on evil in the human heart, in one entertaining package.
- What About Eve?Somebody’s missing from much of our study of original sin.
- A Man's Perspective: The History of LustOur blame-shifting dates back to Adam and the Fall.