India's Grassroots Revival
With its people turning to Christ in waves, India hosts more believers now than at any time in its 4,000-year history.
Escalating repression can't seem to dampen the church's growth.
Persecution Prompts Missions Agency to Transform
Operation Mobilization India transforms itself into a local witness.
- 5 Books About Contemporary Christian MartyrsChosen by Jerry Pattengale, coauthor of “The New Book of Christian Martyrs: The Heroes of Our Faith from the First Century to the 21st Century.”
- 4 Incredible Christian Women Who Changed IndiaHow a social reformer, a lawyer, a doctor, and a peacemaker changed the subcontinent.
- 22,000 Indian Christians Peacefully Protest Rising Persecution at Historic Delhi GatheringLeaders demand the government crack down on violence against the church: “We are not asking for anything out of the ordinary.”
- India Prefers Baby Boys. Are Its Christians Any Different?For most, daughters are “expenditures”; sons are “investments.” Leaders from across the country weigh in.
- Arranged or Not, Indian Christians Praise God for Their MarriagesWhat husbands and wives think of others' unions and what they'd recommend for their children.
- Throwing Sesame Seeds and Burning Off SinsIndian Christian theologians weigh in on the Sikh winter festival of Lohri vs. the Refiner’s fire.
- Recant or Leave: Mobs Expel Christians in Central IndiaHindu extremists in Chhattisgarh destroy churches and homes and attack tribal believers.
- Died: Francis Sunderaraj, Indian Evangelical Leader Who Encouraged EducationUnder his leadership, a popular Sunday school curriculum was translated into 32 languages and dialects.
- One of India’s Most Christian States Legalized Gambling. Church Leaders Said No.Meghalaya’s decision to open casinos brings together faith groups and social organizations against the government.