One study says the term most associated with Christian is “anti-gay.” But the culture war often obscures how, within actual Christian communities, discussion on homosexuality is often personal, nuanced, and difficult. What does it mean to be “gay”? How should we interact with friends, family members, and neighbors who experience same-sex attraction, or who are in same-sex relationships? Does the church have more to say to homosexuals than “don’t act on your attractions”?
Just Saying 'No' Is Not Enough
A CT forum on homosexuality and public policy.
No Easy Victory
"A plea from a Christian husband and father who, day by day, resists his homosexual desires."
Sex Without Bodies
The church’s response to the LGBT movement must be that matter matters.
- Don’t Pretend the Ugandan Homosexuality Law Is ChristianNot everything that’s a sin is a crime—let alone one punishable by death.Français简体中文繁體中文
- Two Congregations Force LGBT Debate on Evangelical Covenant ChurchCan human sexuality be a nonessential issue for a denomination that seeks to “stand in the center”?
- Thrivent Declares It Won't Take Sides on Abortion, Gays, or GunsThree Lutheran synods protest that financial services org deems pro-life groups, among others, a distraction from Christian stewardship and generosity.
- Jackie Hill Perry: I Loved My Girlfriend—but God Loved Me MoreHow an epiphany about the wages of my sin opened the door for his cleansing light.
- Why ‘God and the Gay Christian’ Is Wrong About the Bible and Same-Sex RelationshipsMatthew Vines rehashes older arguments for a modern audience. But those arguments still don’t square with Scripture.
- Christian Reformed Church Brings LGBT Stance Into Faith StatementThe decision has implications for Calvin University as well as CRC churches, which had previously been given some latitude on the issue.
- I Never Became Straight. Perhaps That Was Never God’s Goal.Why I embraced the Bible's sexual ethic before I understood it.Português
- With Sexual Sin, Truth and Mercy Triumph over JudgmentWhat I've learned from both sides of a hard conversation.
- Died: Sy Rogers, Who Testified God Changed His Sexual IdentityEx-gay leader encouraged people to pursue faith in “the darkest corners.”
- How to Talk to Your Kids About HomosexualityAmid quickly changing cultural norms, we need a thoughtful and loving way to engage our children.