With the popularity of books like Heaven is for Real, 90 Minutes in Heaven, and The Five People You Meet in Heaven, heaven has been hovering in the spotlight. Meanwhile, theologians like N.T. Wright and Scot McKnight have been emphasizing that it’s the Kingdom of God on earth, not heaven above, that Christians should truly be looking to. Both trends raise the question: What are we waiting for?
Harleys in Heaven
"What Christians have thought of the afterlife, & what difference it makes now"
What Will Heaven Be Like?
Thirty-five frequently asked questions about eternity.
Afraid of Heaven
We do not yearn to be near God because we do not find sin utterly repugnant or goodness rapturously attractive.
- Reason and Logic Belong to God. So Do Imagination and Myth.A new book explores what C. S. Lewis believed about the multileveled nature of reality.
- I Don’t Want to Be a UniversalistRichard Mouw says the best forms of the doctrine still disappoint those counting on God to do the right thing.Português
- 6 Ways to Parent Your Kids for the New CreationAs Christian caretakers, we view our kids’ schooling in light of eternity.简体中文繁體中文
- The Sobriety of ForeverDuring Easter, considering your death will lead you to bright horizons.Indonesian
- Come On, Let Us Adore HimToo many of our prayers rush past praise.
- There Are Many Mansions in Heaven, but We’d Like Something SoonerHow US homebuyer woes can reorient us toward the eternal.Français
- Heaven and Hell: Americans Answer 20 Questions on Who Goes and What HappensPew’s afterlife survey also asks 6,500 people about universalism, reincarnation, fate, answered prayer, and interacting with the dead.
- Sex Is the Earthly Glow of the Heavenly CityHow a lovestruck literature student learned that lesson while walking Oxford’s cobblestone streets.
- Joni Eareckson Tada: Why Should I Fear Death?Christ’s death and resurrection give me a heavenly perspective on suffering and mortality.
- The Good Place Finds Meaning in the EndWhat Christians might take away from a godless but moral imagining of the afterlife (and after-afterlife).