For most of the last two centuries, evangelicals equated “conversion” with “revivalism.” But in recent years, the understanding of conversion has shifted, and evangelicals are reconsidering what they think about salvation, the nature and mission of the church, and the character of religious experience. Christianity Today has several articles analyzing what conversion is, what it is not, and what it could become in the future.
The New Conversion: Why We 'Become Christians' Differently Today
Evangelicals are undergoing a sea change understanding when it comes to this pivotal moment in the believer's life.
What Conversion Is and Is Not
Hint: It's not just about getting people 'saved.
Hour of Decision
"How can I know I'm a Christian if I can't remember when I first responded to the gospel?"
- Americans Read the Bible More After Switching DenominationsIn a recent survey, those who left their childhood traditions for a church of their own reported higher engagement with their faith.
- Can You Be Born Again Without ‘Feeling’ It?Like Francis Wayland, some of us may doubt our religious conversion experience.Português
- New Age Thinking Lured Me into Danger. Jesus Brought Relief.He made himself real at a moment of intense spiritual fear.русскийУкраїнська
- John 3:16: So Loved, So FamiliarWe need fresh eyes for our faith’s basic teachings, no matter how long we’ve studied the Bible.español简体中文繁體中文
- I Was the Mole in a Family of MalletsHow God rescued me from a life of getting whacked.
- With Gossip of the Gospel, the Church Grows in NepalConversions credited to women evangelists sharing the good news one-on-one in conversations.
- Church Planting After the Fall (of the Berlin Wall)Three generations after East Germany rejected Christianity, group of prayerful believers now see an opportunity.
- I Was the Proverbial, Drug-Fueled Rock and RollerUntil a chance encounter with my mom’s old Bible opened my eyes.
- Recant or Leave: Mobs Expel Christians in Central IndiaHindu extremists in Chhattisgarh destroy churches and homes and attack tribal believers.
- I Wanted to Die for Allah. Now I Live for Jesus.As a militant Muslim, I never expected to have any dealings with Christians, much less to befriend them.简体中文繁體中文