- It’s Time to Forgive Each Other Our Pandemic SinsAs the COVID-19 emergency ends, the church can lead the world into a spirit of amnesty.
- Nashville Shooting Intensifies Attention Around Christian School SafetyAdministrators are seeking ways to “be alert and sober minded,” adding specialized training, personnel, and physical upgrades.
- European Evangelicals Organize Against AbuseFrom curriculum to call lines, churches focus on safety and prevention.Français
- New Program Offers Accreditation for Child Safety StandardsAn 80-point checklist provides churches with opportunities for accountability, awareness, and conversation.
- Elderly Taiwanese Church in California Attacked by ShooterMembers showed “exceptional heroism and bravery” as they overtook the gunman, who killed one person and wounded five.Indonesian
- During the Synagogue Standoff, We Showed Up to Help Our Neighbors. We Ended Up Praying Together.Texas pastor Bob Roberts Jr. led prayer among interfaith clergy who were there to support the rabbi’s family and local authorities throughout the Colleyville hostage crisis.
- Louisiana Church Arsonist Sentenced to 25 YearsHe was also ordered to pay $2.6 million to the three black churches he destroyed in 2019.
- How Churches Elevate and Protect Abusive PastorsA psychologist explores the power dynamics that help turn shepherds into wolves.español
- More Pastors Agree With Andy Stanley: No Worship Services Until 2021Now 5 percent of church leaders say they don’t expect to reopen for the rest of the year.
- Supreme Court Rejects Challenge to Coronavirus Limits on Church ServicesCalifornia restricting churches to 25% capacity or less than 100 worshipers “appear[s] consistent” with First Amendment, wrote Chief Justice John Roberts in 5–4 decision.