Knowing What the Bible ‘Really’ Means
Why multiple translations might even be better than Scripture in its original languages.
Battle for the Bible Translation
Our movement is wide enough to include a variety of methods.
The Son and the Crescent
Bible translations that avoid the phrase "Son of God" are bearing dramatic fruit among Muslims. But that translation has some missionaries and scholars dismayed.
- Barely Anyone Reads the Bible in Germany. So Why Are Luther Bibles Selling So Well?A revised edition of Reformer’s translation ranked among 2022 bestsellers.
- Picturing the New Testament with 499 Line DrawingsEastern European Bible mission is giving away art for ministry use.
- Viral JesusEpisode 67|52minRetelling the Creator’s StoryHow Terry Wildman and a faithful team of Native American leaders helped bring new meaning to the New Testament for First Nations communities.
- A Scottish Farmer Started the World’s First Chinese-Language MagazineBefore he died at age 37, missionary William Milne had produced a publication promoting Christianity, science, and general knowledge.简体中文繁體中文
- Seek Prosperity Properly During Lunar New YearIt’s not wrong to celebrate our blessings. But Asian theologians and pastors advise how to do so in biblical, godly ways amid the festival’s red envelopes and best wishes.简体中文繁體中文
- For Norwegians So Loved the Bible, a New Translation Made Many MadRevision of John 3:16, John 1:14, Romans 1:1, and other texts prompt controversy in the largely secular Scandinavian country.
- We Three Kings? Interpretations of the Magi ‘Traverse Afar’Q&A with religious studies scholar Eric Vanden Eykel on the history, mystery, memes, and meaning of the wise men in the Book of Matthew.
- German Bible Translator Introduces Readers to ‘God’s New Reality’Theologian Roland Werner’s modern version Das Buch, now in its third edition, resonates with the unchurched and surprises the faithful.
- Bible Apps Are the New Printing PressHow evangelical computer programmers changed the way we read Scripture.
- The Woman Who Gave the World a Thousand Names for GodHow a British linguist and a failed Nigerian coup changed everything about Bible translation.