Subscribe to this Podcast:
One of the areas hardest-hit by COVID was the restaurant industry. This episode features a conversation with Mark Canlis, whose family restaurant has been a longtime favorite in Seattle. In order to survive, Canlis tried many different creative solutions over the last year. Mark and his wife, Anne Marie, joined Sandra to talk about patience—in their work as restaurant owners, in parenthood, in hospitality, and in leaning toward the good in times of great uncertainty.
Steadfast is a production of Sandra McCracken in partnership with Christianity Today.
Produced by Sandra McCracken, Leslie Eiler Thompson
Written by Leslie Eiler Thompson
Edited by Andrew Osenga
Mastered by Mike Cosper
Music by Sandra McCracken
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
Read These Next
- TrendingRick Warren: The Great Commission’s ‘Go and Teach’ Applies to WomenThe former pastor of ex-SBC Saddleback shares why his views on women changed.
- From the MagazineBhutanese Nepali Refugees Turn Their Trials into Zeal for EvangelismThousands found Jesus while displaced, which prepared them to plant churches and settle in a new land.
- RelatedChurch Attendance Dropped Among Young People, Singles, LiberalsOverall, most churchgoers—including most white evangelicals—returned to the pews after the pandemic, survey finds.
- Editor's PickIs It Time to Quit ‘Quiet Time’?Effective biblical engagement must be about more than one’s personal experience with Scripture.