Philip Yancey is editor at large of Christianity Today and cochair of the editorial board for Books and Culture. Yancey's most recent book is What Good Is God?: In Search of a Faith That Matters. His other books include Prayer (2006), Rumors of Another World (2003), Reaching for the Invisible God (2000), The Bible Jesus Read (1999), What's So Amazing About Grace? (1998), The Jesus I Never Knew (1995), Where is God When It Hurts (1990), and many others. His Christianity Today column ran from 1985 to 2009.
The Healing Pen
Philip Yancey writes to save his past—and others' futures.
My top ten surprises.
- Frederick Buechner, the Reverend of OzAt 70, Frederick Buechner looks back on his ministry in letters. (From 1997)Philip Yancey|
- In a Mad Mad World, God Welcomes Our MerrymakingChristmas calls us to be like children and bring our joy to Jesus, even in the midst of upheaval.Philip Yancey|español
- The Russell Moore ShowEpisode 4|56minPhilip Yancey Survived the Bible BeltRussell Moore and his guest discuss their upbringing and toxic churches.Russell Moore|
- Philip Yancey: God Can Love ‘A Cynical Sneak Like Me’An excerpt from the best-selling author’s memoir, “Where the Light Fell.”Philip Yancey|
- Philip Yancey, as Few Could Have Imagined HimThe writer’s new memoir sheds light on an upbringing steeped in bigotry and a lifetime of “useful” pain.Leslie Leyland Fields|
- Philip Yancey: My Benediction to the Beloved Storyteller, Walter Wangerin Jr.A tribute to the late author of “The Book of the Dun Cow,” “Jesus: A Novel,” and “Water, Come Down!”Philip Yancey|
- Philip Yancey: We’re Still Living in Fear, Still Need Amazing GraceDuring a time of political divisions, the popular author urges fellow believers to “remember why we are here.”Interview by Bob Smietana - Religion News Service|español
- Melancholy AngelsGod’s messengers can be both bombastic and surprisingly subdued.Philip Yancey|
- The Evangel-istBilly Graham restored a sense of goodness about the Good News.Philip Yancey|